Monday, October 13, 2008



My parents left this past Saturday! I was so sad to see them go. Having my mom here the last 3.5 weeks has really been a lifesaver. I don't know how I would have survived without all her help. My dad was ready to have my mom and their dog Brewster back home with him. He said it was "medium terrible" having her gone that long.

Unfortunately, I did get mastitis again. I started feeling bad Wednesday night and ended up having a fever of 101 degrees. I felt even worse than the first time. I didn't think that it could possibly come back so soon since I was still on antibiotics and had only felt relatively well for 1.5 days. Well, I now had soreness, redness and pain in another location on the same breast. We had to go back to the doctor to make sure that I did not have an abcess. I was happy to hear that I didn't have an abcess. I was given a new antibiotic and ordered to rest. I am starting to get better and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. This is jsut a long and slow healing process.

My MIL is wonderful! She took Chase off my hands Sun-this Wednesday. This way I can get some sleep in the mornings. I also just don't have the energy right now to give Chase the attention he needs. He is such an active 2 year old and I can't keep up with him while I am sick. Chase was so excited to be going there. When we told him that he was going to his "Nina's" house, he ran to his room and grabbed his blankets and declared that he was ready to go! He was so excited to be there that he didn't even stop playing to say goodbye to his dad. I feel so bad that I don't have the energy for him right now, but know that he is in good hands and is so happy to be there. Thank you Nina!!!

Now I am off for a nap while the little cute guy is sleeping away in his swing!