Saturday, September 20, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!! Calhan "Cal" Wolff Brinkley! "Wolff" is my mom's maiden name. Chase's middle name is Dawson's Mom's maiden name "Taylor." We like the name Cal and just kinda came up with the name Calhan to go with it. We also wanted to have his name start with a C like his big brother.

The delivery went perfectly! The anesthesiologist was a PIKE at Florida so we all bonded right away. He let my mom in the operating room with us. Usually you can only have one person (hubbie) with you. I feel so blessed to be able to have both of them share this experience up close with me (my mom was also in the delivery room with us for the delivery of Chase). The procedure was very fast. I was able to hold Cal for a long time after the birth and he came with me to the recovery room so that I could breastfeed right away. That is a blessing. Breastfeeding is going a little bit better this time around and I have a great lactation nurse helping me.
Chase is sick and was running a fever of 101.5 Wednesday night. A child at Chase's daycare had Strep, but Chase never had physical contact with him this past week. Dawson took Chase to the pediatrician Thursday and he was started on antibiotics just in case it turned out to be Strep. Fortunately, Nanna and Mammaw have Chase at their house while I am in the hospital. That way it limits the possibility of exposure to infection. I still have not seen Chase since Thursday, but may get to see him tonight. He has not had a fever for 24 hours and has been on antibiotics for over 24 hours. We should be safe, just need to do a lot of good hand washing.

Dawson got some awesome shots of the action in the delivery room. He was not supposed to take some of these pics, but managed to sneak a few! So cool to see what was really going on behind the sheet.

We probably will be here til Monday. I just wanted to share some of these great pics with you all. I am off to go to sleep now since I only got 3 hours of sleep last night. Cal was HUNGRY!!! I am also on some hard core drugs still so I am very sleepy.

He is such a cute little bundle of joy! I love him so much! OH yeah here are his stats: born yesterday at 12:04 pm, 7 # even and 20".

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. Nite Nite!