
Liam Takoda McLaughlinIt's a BOY!!!!!
Amanda and Kelly welcomed Liam Takoda McLaughlin into this world today at 8:53 pm! Amanda was admitted for an induction on Friday, February 24th (her due date) to Boca Raton Community Hospital. Dawson and I traveled south so that I could be there to meet the new addition to our family. I was so happy that it would be done over the weekend so that I could be there. I only have about 5 more weeks til my delivery so I was getting a little nervous traveling so close to my due date.
Amanda was an amazing trooper. She labored all day Saturday without an epidural (hypnobirthing). Unfortunately, she did not progress past 4 cm on Saturday. She was completely wiped out by midnight Saturday night and the Pitocin was stopped in hopes that she would get a break and some sleep. She ended up sleeping very little and fortunately her water broke naturally on Sunday morning. Amanda made a wonderful decision for herself Sunday morning and decided to have the epidural placed on Sunday. I forgot to mention that Amanda was suffering from migraines throughout this whole time period and was vomiting a lot from the pain. So we waited all day on Sunday and finally she was ready to push around 7:30 pm.
I wsa so fortunate that Amanda let me sit in on this truly incredible miraculous experience. I was not sure how I would feel watching all this especially knowing that it will be me in just 5 weeks. I was just amazed at how strong Amanda was through all this and I learned a lot from my kid sister. It was amazing seeing the baby being born and is something I will never forget. I feel so fortunate that I was able to share this experience with Amanda and Kelly.
Liam Takoda is a perfect baby weighing 7 pounds 13 ounces and 20". Welcome little one!