Friday, January 30, 2009

Last night, we decided to start giving Cal rice cereal with a spoon. He made the funniest faces. I am not sure if he liked it or not. Most of it got all over his face. That is ok because he is just learning to use a spoon.







Calhan went to his 4 month check up on Monday. He is perfect in every way! He is so much bigger than Chase was at this age. I don't need to worry about his weight!
Here are his anthropometrics:
Ht: 25" (50%ile ht/age)
Wt: 16#14oz (80%ile wt/age)
WOW!!! His legs are so thick and juicy. I love it!


I was nervous about going to the doctors office alone with both boys. I worried that Chase would get tired of waiting or freak out because the last time he was there he got the flu shot. So I started preparing him days earlier that I was going to need his help when we have to take Cal to the doctor. I told him that it was Cal's turn to get shots and he would need to comfort his brother. Right when we got in the car, Chase looked over at him and said in a sweet little voice, "Cal, it will be ok". Chase was in his best behavior and sat so still while we waited and while Cal was getting his check up. At the end, I told Chase that he could hold Cal's hand while Cal got his shots. I should have thought that through a little better because the look on Chase's face when shots went in was complete shock!!! The look was priceless though. Chase's 3 year appt will be interesting. I hope he won't need any shots. Last time he got the flu shot, he cried and then as we were leaving he stopped in the middle of the waiting room and told all the other kids "I got hurt in there!"