Friday, May 18, 2007

Flesh Eating Bacteria!
Yep, that is what the doctors told me yesterday. Very scary. They also said that I am so lucky that I went to the hospital when I did because it could have been so much worse. Just imagine those gory pictures on the internet you find when you google it. Too disgusting. I am so thankful that I went to work that morning and showed it to the nurse and physician I work with. They told me that I needed to go to my doctor an get antibiotics. Boy were they right!!!

The great news is that the ID doc will discontinue my oral and IV antibiotics THIS MONDAY! That means this PICC line can finally come out! I will be free! My hand is still a little sore and stiff. My arm is peeling from the infection. The swelling has gone down, but I probably won't e back to my new normal for a couple weeks. The redness is gone and I have not taken any pain meds since Monday! Praise the Lord!

I plan to return to work on Wednesday and I am looking forward to normalcy. My parents leave Sunday and have been a tremendous help. Chase is just as cute as can be. He is having a wonderful time playing ball with Brewster, my parents border collie.

Thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes.