Wednesday, October 11, 2006





6 Months already!

I can't believe how fast time flies when you have a little one in the house. Last month, we went to Sanibel Island with my parents and sister's family. Sanibel is a cherished place where the Zimmer family spent many vacations growing up. It was so nice to be back. Liam and Chase had a great time in the pool splashing around and check out how Liam is alittle acrobat. He really impressed everyone how he can stand up on his father's hands in the air for such a long time. It was a wonderful, yet short vacation. Check out how proud my parent's look with their grandchildren. We are so blessed.

I started working at Nemours 2 days per week and could not be happier. It is so nice to be able to spend so much time playing with Chase and watching him develop and discover new things every day. It's also a nice break to have adult time and reconnect with my coworkers and patient's each week. God has blessed me with the perfect work-life balance.

Chase is such a happy baby. This is such a great age. Every time you look at him he make a huge toothless grin and makes your heart melt. What an amazing experience this has been for Dawson and me. It makes my heart skip a beat when I see Dawson and Chase interact. For instance, I was pumping this morning (yep still exclusively pumping and no formula) before work and Dawson was responsible for Chase when he woke. It was 6:50 am when I was finished and I heard a conversation in the house, but thad no idea where it was coming from. Chase and Dawson were not ususally up at this time. I was suprised to find Dawson in bed snuggling with our little man talking about what was going to happen that day. It was so sweet. Chase is the sweetest when he first wakes up. As painful as it is to wake up that early, those feelings quickly subside when you see his excitement to see YOU. It just makes your whole day!