I have been thinking for a long time that I should get back to keeping up this blog. When I look at friends blogs, I get a little sad that I let mine go. Then, I went back a couple years to read my postings and realized that it really is an excellent way to document our lives. So many funny things I forgot about were right there to spark my memory. So here I am again...I am gonna try to keep it up....we will see.

La Fortuna, Costa Rica...a view from our room!
Dawson and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on Cinco de Mayo. We treated ourselves to a special adventure packed vacation to Costa Rica. It has been on our bucket list for a long time. We stayed in the Arenal Volcano area so we could be closest to the activites we wanted to do. It was our first time white water rafting. The class 3-4 rapids were pretty intense for us amateurs, but no one fell out of our boat!!! I did have a close call though. At the mid point, we all had a break to eat some of the best pineapple I have ever eaten. Before Dawson and I could eat with the rest of the group, we repelled down a 120 ft waterfall!!!!!



We toured the active volcano and hiked through the rainforest. There were so many different bugs, spiders, frogs, birds and Dawson even saw a jaguar!


Genuine mud facial!
One of my favorite things was zip lining through the rainforest. We started with Superman! It was the highest and longest zipline (1/2 mile) of the 16 we did. It was an incredible feeling to be that high above the ground going at speeds up to 55 mph!

It was everything we wanted it to be and more. Costa Rica is a beautiful place with so many things to do. We were ready to return home (on Mother's Day) to see our boys. Chase got to spend the night at Max's house for 2 nights while we were away. This was his first sleepover and he did great! Thank you McLaughlins! Calhan stayed at Nina's (grandmothers) the whole time and had fun playing with Nina, Mammaw and Ashlyn.
;