Thursday, March 13, 2008


Cute Chase Story:
Chase is a very picky eater, just like his Mamma! It is such a struggle to get him to eat meat, fruits, vegetables. Really the only thing he likes is carbs. Of course, the dietitian's son has to be such a struggle to feed. I've read up on it and it is the parent's job to provide healthy meals and it is up to the toddler to decide how much of it he will eat. He is trying to show his independence. It is so hard to do this because I want him to regain the weight he lost since he was sick for a few weeks. It definitely has given me a better understanding of what my patient's families go through.

Now onto the funny part:
Chase and I were eating lunch one day and he threw his apple on the floor. He knows this is not acceptable in our house and had to go in time out. After time out, he did it again! So I put him in time out AGAIN! When I got him out of time out the second time, I bent down to tell him why he was in time out again. I asked him to look at me, but he would not hold my gaze. I told him to look at mommy's eyes and pointed my finger between my eyes. He looked at me with the biggest smile and said "Nose"! It took all of my energy not to completely bust out in laughter.

Here is an adorable pic of Chase in timeout (I couldn't resist..he is just too cute).